Experts agree that children benefit from attending high-quality Kindergartens, enhancing their skills in communication, reading, numeracy, problem-solving, and socialisation throughout their education. This is why the Victorian Government invests in shaping children’s lives for the better through funding for 3 and 4-year-old kinder during this formative stage.
For funded kinder providers, The VEYLDF, which aligns with EYLF and shares the same outcomes, is the core framework. The vision and purpose of both frameworks is to guide early childhood professionals in a collective effort with families toward the achievement of the nationally agreed Early Years Learning Outcomes where children:
- have a strong sense of identity
- are connected with and contribute to their world
- have a strong sense of wellbeing
- are confident and involved learners
- are effective communicators.
- Longer hours as we operate throughout the year, 6.30am – 6.30pm Monday to Friday, (not just sessional hours, during certain days and times during the school terms).
- If you are an existing family enrolled at a Kool Kidz service, then you and your child will already be familiar with the service the teaching team and the routines. It’s as simple as moving rooms, not a complete transition from familiarity of friends, trusting relationships and consistent environments.
- Kool Kidz have additional spaces within our services such as our EARTH rooms, which offer additional experiences
- Meals are provided
- Convenience for families who have more than one child as siblings may attend in our younger rooms.
To check your child’s kindergarten age criteria and eligibility for Three-Year-Old Kindergarten and Four-Year-Old Kindergarten, you can use the starting age calculator.
For more information about kindergarten enrolment: https://www.vic.gov.au/
when-start-kindergarten To ensure you secure admission to kindergarten, it is important to enrol as soon as possible but all registrations must be received and processed by the 30th June application deadline prior to your child attending.