Our Mission Statement
“Help children become independent learners in society through quality care and educational programs delivered in a loving, caring and nurturing environment by a team of passionate, dedicated and committed professionals”
Kool Kidz embraces the Australian Early Years Learning Framework. We aim to ensure that all children, families, educators and visitors feel a sense of belonging, feel safe and secure to be who they are and are supported to become all they can be. Ref: EYLF 2010.
Kool Kidz services are communities of shared learning. This means every individual who is part of Kool Kidz such as; children, families, educators and management are committed to being life-long learners. To support this Kool Kidz has leadership roles such as Educational Leaders and a Central Support team.
Kool Kidz embraces a child-centred curriculum philosophy for children’s learning.
Kool Kidz values cultural diversity and acknowledges, values and respects Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures
We believe that the following objectives and values are of the utmost importance. The educators cater for these objectives through their positive relationships, interactions, daily activities and educational programs.
Kool Kidz will offer a safe and respectful environment that will empower children families and educators to develop their potential.
- To provide a warm, loving and secure environment that encourages each child to explore and discover the world around them with confidence, and extend their feelings of self-worth
- To provide opportunities that encourage mutual respect, trust, cooperation and the developing independence and self-discipline of each child in our care
- To participate in a developmentally appropriate program that is flexible and perceptive to the changing needs and interests of the children. The program will acknowledge children’s contributions and extend their curiosity and creativity, always with a sense of encouragement and enjoyment. Each child’s individuality will be respected
- To ensure children have daily opportunities to be involved in a comprehensive program that involves individual and group activities as well as free play and quiet rest times
- To promote healthy bodies by providing a balanced diet through a comprehensive varied menu
- To maintain a safe physical environment where children can play and rest securely
- We encourage children to embrace diversity which relates to all differences and to see them as positives
- To develop a partnership with educators and management based on honest, open communication and mutual respect
- To promote friendly, supportive relationships between children, educators and parents
- To provide a service where parents feel encouraged to communicate openly, receive positive
encouragement and support and friendship
- To allow equal access to all aspects of our service programs regardless of race, culture, gender, abilities, social status or family structure
- To be offered resources to enhance their parenting skills
- To be encouraged to make suggestions or comments about the service
- To be encouraged to be actively involved in the programs offered at our service
- To be acknowledged as the child’s primary teacher for life
- To be supported in their roles as educators of young children
- To have the opportunity to extend their professional development through attending appropriate training and in-services in order to current in the industry changes
- To maintain confidentiality in their communication between the service and families
- To be flexible within the programming and routines, whilst maintaining consistency within the children’s rooms and using a holistic approach.
- To develop personal skills and caring attitudes in a positive atmosphere of mutual respect
- To mutually recognize individual strengths and to be provided opportunities to share them
- To mutually recognize areas needing further development and a joint commitment to improve in these areas
- Educators will access and utilize the leadership team as required to further assist their individual professional growth.
“The Kool Kidz environment and work culture affects all stakeholders in some way, so it is our shared responsibility to ensure we all stay true to ourselves, our philosophy and our core values to protect above all our children”