Papier Mache A New Discovery


This week the Beetle Bugs children engaged in an ongoing papier mache project. It began with a balloon, some paper and glue. The children got paint brushes and began working on half the balloon. Through trial and error, we discovered that it was the glue that stuck the paper to the balloon and using this information we began to build up the layers.

The children worked together over 3 days to ensure the papier mache was strong. On the 3rd day we felt we had added a sufficient amount of layers so we gathered around the table and poked a pen inside. A big POP told us that the balloon had been popped and that our layers had been strong enough. The children then chose which colours they would like to use on the balloon and began decorating.

 

You may also be interested in: