We would like to provide you with an update on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
At Kool Kidz, we are carefully monitoring the Coronavirus (Covid–19) situation in Victoria.
Kool Kidz will comply with all Federal and State Governments, the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), and the Department of Education and Training (DET) and ensure their directives are followed.
Additionally, we have implemented the following steps:
- Teaching and practising best practice recommendations for coughs and sneezes.
- Teaching and practising best practice in handwashing. We love to sing and wash!
- Increasing cleaning shifts, and ensuring all services are above our already high hygiene standards.
- Restricted all unnecessary visitors to our services
- Postponed events and excursions to avoid preventable exposure
- Ensuring we keep the children happy, cared for and panic-free during this time.
Important! To keep our community safe, we need all families and staff to work together.
If you, your child or any member of your family are showing symptoms of Covid–19, DO NOT COME INTO THE SERVICE.
Please ring your service and let them know.
CCS can be paid for up to 42 absence days per child, per financial year, without the need for families to provide documentation, additional absences are also available for reasons defined in the Family Assistance Law, including illness. Evidence is required to the provider, e.g. a doctor’s certificate. Families will still need to pay the gap fee.
Families may also choose to use any holiday leave accrued which will be charged at 50% as per policy.
Please call your Kool Kidz service if you have any questions or concerns and we will be happy to discuss these with you.