Jeans for Genes Day
On Friday 4th of August staff and children wore their jeans to support Jeans for Genes day. Jeans for Gene’s day is held annually by the Children’s Medical Research Institute. Children’s Medical Research Institute is dedicated to finding ways to treat or prevent childhood cancer, epilepsy, birth defects and genetic diseases in order to create brighter futures for all children including those who are with us today & those yet to come in to this world.
CMRI hopes over the next 20 years to:
- Develop epilepsy treatments that will help children (and adults) around the world
- Develop new treatments for kidney disease and diabetes
- Gene therapy cures for rare genetic diseases in children
- New treatments for infectious diseases
- Telomere research to help us understand predisposition to disease
- Find new and better treatments for every type of cancer
This will only be achievable with the help of donations and government grants. Kool Kidz was able to raise $100.00 to help support the great research that is being done into these childhood illnesses.
Holding events like Jeans for Genes day allow Kool Kidz to become more in touch with our wider community.
We would like to thank all our families who contributed or purchased merchandise. It’s with your help that we can look towards the future.