Our Code of Ethics
All our Kool Kidz Approved providers and educators are expected to follow our early childhood code of ethics when working with your children.
A summary of our Code of Ethics is:
- Every child is unique and as such has the potential to grow physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.
- Each child will pass through various stages in their early childhood life and those stages are important to the individual.
- Play is an important and essential part of every child’s life.
- Our work with children will be based upon their interests and we value the contribution children can make to their own learning process.
- Children have the right to high self-esteem.
- We need to help children to interact effectively, balancing their rights and needs with those of others.
- Children are vulnerable and therefore require effective role models to help them interact effectively with other children and adults.
- All children are entitled to a safe, healthy and aesthetically pleasing environment, as this will enhance their autonomy, initiative, self-worth and dignity.
- Our work with children should be based on the best theoretical and practical knowledge of childhood practices.
- There is a special relationship between each child and their family and we will support this relationship in our work with children.
- We will work with children to promote acceptance of gender, age, race, religion, language, culture and ability.
- We need to be proactive in promoting respect for children and therefore will not engage in any practice that undermines any child’s sense of belonging, being and becoming.
Our early childhood code of ethics ensures that your child is cared for in a safe and nurturing environment.