Enrollments and Orientation
Kool Kidz offers full time and part time positions for children aged 8 weeks to 6 years old. All positions are for the full day which allows families to attend at any time during operational hours.
- Full Time – children who attend five permanent days (Monday to Friday).
- Part Time – children who attend one to four permanent days.
- Extra days – families may request an extra casual day as required, however they are subject to availability as rooms may not exceed their license capacity.
Priority of Access Guidelines
Kool Kidz must follow the Department Of Education guidelines when filling vacancies;
Priority 1 – a child at risk of serious abuse or neglect
Priority 2 – a child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy the work, training, study test
Priority 3 – any other child
With these main priority categories, priority should also be given to children in:
- Aboriginal and Torres strait islander families
- Families which include a disabled person
- Families on lower incomes
- Families from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Socially isolated families
- Single parent families
Kool Kidz recognises that leaving a child for the first time can cause separation anxiety for both the family and the child. Kool Kidz aims to make this time as comfortable and positive for all involved and strongly encourages all families to participate in the Kool Kidz orientation process as children need to feel safe and comfortable in their surroundings prior to the commencement of formal attendance.
Kool Kidz offers each family two one hour complimentary orientation visits. These are a great opportunity for parents, family members and the child to become comfortable and better acquainted with the childcare service educators and routines.