Our in house chef prepared this special cake to celebrate the wonderful Indian heritage, however did you know there are some very interesting facts about the Indian Flag that most people may not know!
Fun facts about the Indian flag:
- The national flag of India was adopted in its present form during a meeting of the Constituent Assembly held on 22 July 1947, when it became the official flag of the Dominion of India.
- The flag was designed by Pingali Venkayya, an agriculturist and Indian freedom fighter.
- The national flag of India, by law, is to be made of khadi, a special type of hand-spun cloth of cotton or silk made popular by Mahatma Gandhi.
- The three colors have different representations each.
- The Saffron color represents courage and sacrifice.
- White represents truth, peace and purity.
- The Green color represents prosperity.
- According to the Flag code of India, the Indian flag has a ratio of two by three, where the length of the flag is 1.5 times that of the width and all three stripes of the flag – saffron, white and green – should be equal in width and length.